2019. Another successful year for Powwow Designer Teepees and Play Tents. Despite the financial challenges we all face, we designed and delivered 82 gorgeous teepees for kids. In addition, 25 party packs have been rented out for kids parties, 12 teepees for baby showers, wedding photo shoots and a Smirnoff Vodka event. We have also extended our product range and added beautiful quilts for kids, bunting for decor, pillows and personalized posters.
Powwow Designer Teepees started creating teepees for kids in 2014 and we continue to grow and create.
Of course, I can’t take all the credit for the continuing growth in the business. I would like to take a moment to express my gratitude to:
- My clients. Some of you loved your teepees so much that you referred me to your friends, who referred me to theirs. I appreciate you. Thank you for supporting local and for starting a trend.
- The Jozikids team just ran a competition and we gave away a gorgeous red and white striped teepee. You continue to be the mainstay of my business. And, for anyone who has products and services for children, I recommend you in a heartbeat.
- Marketing expert, Jacques de Villiers who continues to maintain my website and to make sure it is optimised for Google search. Your advice and patience has been invaluable.
- Collaborating with Cape Kids Collaboration and their amazing photo shoots and events.
- And most importantly, Ronnie and Harrold. Without these two phenomenal guys I would be completely lost. They make sure you get the perfectly cut and impeccably stitched teepee.
My focus and intention on producing a bespoke, high-quality product has been the cornerstone of my success.
The competition has grown and the substandard quality of these cheap, mass produced teepees for kids have made it difficult at times but I have to believe people still value quality.
Each teepee takes me approximately 3 hours to cut and sew. A lot of my time is spent on sourcing high quality fabric and beautiful trims specifically requested by my clients.
I love the joy these teepees give to the kids who play in them.
#support local – start a trend