Christmas and New Year is now done and dusted. We have made fabulous holiday memories with friends and family and enjoyed sleeping in.
I have been SO busy here at PowWow Teepees especially the few weeks before Christmas and then the chaos of preparing my family Christmas feast and organising who is doing what and where for New Year’s Eve. And now the early morning school run starts.
You’re either a morning person or you’re not. If you are wondering how you will get through the next few days, then this may help you survive the early mornings:
- Set a time to switch off from all technology including the TV and phone. Your brain will soon enter a routine and your sleep pattern will be easier.
- Your phone should be switched to silent.
- Stop drinking caffeine at least a couple of hours before sleep.
- Preparing the night before will make your early morning start run smoother. Lunches, school bags and reading books will ensure a less stressed start to your day.
- Find an alarm clock or ringtone which will want you to wake up to.
- Drink enough water. Your body dehydrates overnight, drinking a glass of water will help you to feel instantly energised and alert.
This may seem simple and obvious but sometimes we forget about ourselves as parents. Remember to take a step back and look after yourself.