It is important to keep your kids healthy by boosting their immunity so that they will fall sick less.
Most parents want to improve immunity of their children naturally rather than giving them medication or unnecessary supplements. Keep your kid’s vaccination schedule up to date. Do not miss vaccinations or boosters as it leaves your child prone to diseases.
You can include numerous tried and tested home remedies in your daily life to build and boost your child’s immunity.
Home-remedies to keep your kids healthy and boost immunity
- Give them a cup of warm lemon water with a little honey and ginger as a morning drink. Encourage your child to drink lots of water instead of fruit juice.
- Add ginger, garlic, astragalus and Echinacea into teas, soups, food or to everyday cooking.
- Be sure they are eating plenty of fruits rich in Vitamin C to boost immunity. Oranges, lemons, gooseberries and tomatoes should be eaten daily.
- Tulsi leaves improve body’s infection-fighting capabilities. They can be crushed and juice can be given with a teaspoon of honey.
- Outside play in the sun in for Vitamin D and exposure to dirt to make their immune system stronger.
- Keep the gut healthy and protect them against infections by introducing probiotic rich foods like yogurt, saurkraut, miso and kefir. Our gut makes up 70% of our immune system.
- Avoid overusing antibiotics unless necessary as this will compromise gut health.
- Avoid processed foods and additives as it causes decreased immunity.
- Limit sugar as it can suppress the immune system.
- Increase intake of omega 3 fatty acids.
Hand washing is one of the most effective ways to keep your kids healthy and from getting colds or spreading it around.
Every time your child catches a cold, the body is also building immunity against those viruses, so they are not all bad.
By encouraging play and learning you can also help keep your kids healthy.
You can find out more about our teepees on Jozikids.